Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Should I (22M) tell my boyfriend (22M) of 6 months to cancel his flight and break up with him?

I’m in quite a dilemma and am unsure how to handle it. I’m a graduating university student applying to medical school, and my boyfriend is...doing something. We planned a flight up to my school, so we can spend time together. He is showing some major red flags. Hopefully, y’all can give some advice.

He quit his job (McDonalds) and does not have a college degree. He wants to start and get a degree in finance, which is great. But two days ago, I find out that he’s going to start drug dealing. I expressed my concern, and he said he’s going to do it regardless. And i can’t control him, so that’s his business. But as we spoke about it, more information began to come out.

He in a very unhealthy relationship with a friend. He describes it as he has to “carry” her, and that they are dependent on each other essentially — they “pick each other up.” He said he’s going with the flow in life, but that flow is very intricately tied with her. I ask his life plans, and it’s to (1) start a podcast as primary income with her, (2) move to California (where i’m going to medical school) with her, and (3) deal drugs with her. When asked about moving to Cali and how that interferes with school, he said “fuck school” and the podcast is going to make it big. The podcast is up in the air in planning and financing. But i have to question how he’s going to pay for all these things.

When I expressed my concern that we may be on very different paths, his solutions was insane. He wanted me to meet him half way. When questioned, he basically ignored all i had said and pressed that i need to give him more attention. That i need to encourage him in the things he does like drug dealing. He mentioned that he’s a High risk person, and i need to encourage him more. This seemed selfish and manipulative. He also said that wants to visit to figure himself out and get away from her for a while, but it feels like he is using me for his growth.

We are dating, and I know significant others support each other through things. But this seems like too much for me, and I’m just not sure if i’m over thinking it or not. Please help.

TL;DR: My (22M) boyfriend (22M) want to visit me for a week at my uni, but he’s showing red flags (very risky behaviors and unstableness) that has me completed turn off. I’m not sure if i’m just in say no and breaking up. Am i being overly dramatic?



Submitted March 25, 2021 at 12:01AM by mikeyboo22 https://ift.tt/3vR0L2u
Should I (22M) tell my boyfriend (22M) of 6 months to cancel his flight and break up with him? Should I (22M) tell my boyfriend (22M) of 6 months to cancel his flight and break up with him? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 25, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.