Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do you get over losing being ghosted by a friend?

TLDR: My best friend of some 10 years ghosted me a few years back and I can’t get over it.

We were very close through ages 11 to 23ish. Very similar sense of humour, similar opinions on life, it was a running joke that I was part of their family. She was pretty flakey though, so I couldn’t always trust any plans I made with her. But when we did have plans, we’d have the best time, especially at her parents house, with everyone around the dining table enjoying wine. We stayed friends through uni even though we were miles apart. When we caught up back in our hometown, it was just like old times.

We never had a single argument.

A few years ago she stopped replying to my messages. At first, I thought it was down to her flakiness and busy life, but even short messages would go completely unacknowledged. I realised at one point that apart from a brief ‘happy birthday’ message on Facebook, she hadn’t spoken or interacted with me for about a year. I really missed my friend and grew resentful that she wasn’t there for me during my darker moments (which started after she had ghosted me).

From what I could see from her social media, I didn’t recognise her personality anymore and her posts seemed vain and vapid. One night after drinking, I got particularly cross and left a sarcastic comment on one of her posts, which promptly led to her blocking and unfriending me.

It’s been over a year, and I know that even if she were to come back into my life (I believe she’s far too proud to do that), there’s been too much water under the bridge. Furthermore, I don’t even know if she is the same person I was friend with. However, I still mourn our friendship, and the friendship I had with her family. I often dream about her, I can’t even escape her in my subconscious! I feel like I am haunted.

Does anyone have any tips on how to move on once and for all? I’ve had romantic relationship breakups before and they have been far easier to get over in comparison! I did bring this up with a therapist before but still never felt closure.



Submitted March 22, 2021 at 12:49PM by lupylupin https://ift.tt/3rcjimu
How do you get over losing being ghosted by a friend? How do you get over losing being ghosted by a friend? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 22, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.