Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Conflicts over my style of hair

I(M24) am black male with about 8 inches of hair in an afro, I've had this hair style for a long time, well since I've been horn. I feel like it's time for a hair styler change, I've been thinking about getting dreads because my main conflict with my hair is that it's everywhere and becomes a pain to brush, pick, wash, just manage in general. I brought this up to my gf(F21) and was expecting support for this new change, but was hit with the opposite. She seemed very opposed to it, was calling them dirty, and saying that she doesn't want me to be stereotyped and or seen as a stoner or any of the negative viewpoints associated so it. She went on a whole rant and then the next day did it again basically begging me to not get dreads, then apologized and remembered how her whole life she's had the same stigma about her hair and. She said she felt awful for how she reacted and apologized thoroughly. Thought it was over and done with and started to look up places to go, still felt like it was really over so I brought it up again yesterday, there was not rant but she was still honest and said how she would prefer I don't, but that she knows that it's my body and my choice at end. She seems more worried about my hair and how I'm precieved and lack of support in me trying something new lowkey hurts. What's something I could do so she doesn't see dreads so negatively?

TLDR; I want to get dreads but my gf seems very against it and has a negative view towards them.



Submitted March 22, 2021 at 12:17PM by Drf118 https://ift.tt/3sepAmK
Conflicts over my style of hair Conflicts over my style of hair Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 22, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.