Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

This might be the silliest question ever asked on this sub: should I (39M) say ‘bless you’ when my partner (40F) sneezes?

Where I live it is normal practice to say ‘bless you’ if someone sneezes.

My partner of many years is particularly big on saying it. She really gets into it. The energy and enthusiasm of her ‘bless you’ will scale up to match the energy of the sneeze. If someone lets out a big sneeze she’ll be like ‘oh BLESS YOU!!!’ And start laughing very good-naturedly. She’s very sweet and enthusiastic generally.

Problem: she suffers from BAD allergies. It’s spring here now and she sneezes many times a day. Sometimes 10 or more in a row.

For the first few years I used to say it religiously whenever she sneezed, but 300,000 sneezes later I rarely bother. She’s never said anything about it but I know she appreciates it when I do say it, or used to say it.

Am I a terrible partner? Do I need to start firing out the blessings every day?

TL;DR: my partner sneezes a lot and I don’t say bless you anymore even though she likes it. Should I just say it every time? P.S she sneezed twice while I was secretly typing this post.

Edit: I loved all your replies. Thank you and bless you all. I am going to start doing it again!



Submitted November 01, 2020 at 01:03AM by itslikethunder https://ift.tt/3jMeDEa
This might be the silliest question ever asked on this sub: should I (39M) say ‘bless you’ when my partner (40F) sneezes? This might be the silliest question ever asked on this sub: should I (39M) say ‘bless you’ when my partner (40F) sneezes? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 01, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.