Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (27/F) family threatened to disown me after I confided in my sister (24/F) that I wanted a divorce.

A year ago, I was in a pretty bad place mentally and I just felt miserable in my marriage and the urge to get out was overwhelming. I confided in my sister that I was thinking of asking my husband for a divorce. She completely dismissed my feelings and made me feel like the problems were all in my head and essentially told me to suck it up because plenty of other women would love to be in my position and I would be an idiot for throwing it all away over something as stupid as feeling “neglected”.

At the time, my marriage was in an awful place. I barely saw my husband each month because he was always away on business or working long hours. I tried to talk to him about it a few times, but he never had the time. So, when she dismissed me too, it really sucked. Things got even worse when my family started harassing me and threatening to disown me if I dared to bring up divorce. I don’t think I’ve ever felt that low in my life.

I get they were worried because if I divorced my husband it would affect their livelihoods too. For some context; my husband is paying my sister’s tuition, he’s offered to/is planning to invest in the business my brother and SIL are trying to start and he owns my childhood home where my parents’ still live but I feel like their reactions were so selfish. They only cared about themselves and now I feel resentful towards them all.

I hate that they now act like nothing happened between us. How do I tell them what they did hurt me without them twisting it onto me? Also, would it be wrong if I asked my husband not to help my brother or SIL (they were both especially cruel) with their business?

TL;DR – My family threatened to disown me when I told them I was considering divorce but now they act like nothing happened.



Submitted November 23, 2020 at 01:40PM by ThrowRA9731 https://ift.tt/398HdxA
My (27/F) family threatened to disown me after I confided in my sister (24/F) that I wanted a divorce. My (27/F) family threatened to disown me after I confided in my sister (24/F) that I wanted a divorce. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 23, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.