Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (f25) started seeing someone (m29) who I feel is untrustworthy with money. Am I being shallow?

Edit -

Thankyou so much to everybody who commented and backed up my fears. I’ve called things off. I know it would be a long painful road if I let things carry on with him!

TL;DR - started seeing somebody new and he has money issues that I don’t feel I can trust.

Basically, it was all going very well. He is funny, very affectionate, he’s gorgeous. The first person I have genuinely liked since my ex.

At first he told me he had a problem with his bank and he had to sort it, which I didn’t mind. It ended up in me buying us coffees, buying us Chinese food, basically buying everything. Meanwhile he is still spending money on fast food whilst at work. So I felt abit suspicious.

Last Friday it was his payday, he said he would buy us a takeaway that night and we would spend the weekend together. It gets to the weekend and he is very distant. Not really talking to me. I mention it to him and he says it’s nothing to do with me he’s just having a bad day. And could we postpone when we were going to meet by 4 hours. I was confused as to what could make him want to postpone for 4 hours so told him I feel like he is hiding something from me. He responded by telling me he gambled for the first time in 8 months yesterday and lost £600. He said he feels disgusting and lost all his money.

Now - this man works 12 hour days everyday, 4 of those being over time where he gets paid time and a half. Although £600 is a lot of money to lose, surely he should have some money left over after working so many hours every month.

Along side this he lost his licence two years ago, and says his ban is over now but he is just waiting for his licence to come back. He said he had money for a car when his licence comes back and will get one straight away so I don’t have to keep picking him up. Then after he told me gambled he told me he doesn’t have the money for a car.

Am I wrong to feel like there are big lies here waiting to come out? Am I shallow to stop seeing someone because of their financial situation? I just don’t feel like I can trust him in regards to money. And secondly how could I build a life with this person when he ‘used to’ have a gambling problem, yet it’s appeared again all of a sudden.



Submitted November 25, 2020 at 04:03AM by Pippapetals https://ift.tt/2V3pnUs
I (f25) started seeing someone (m29) who I feel is untrustworthy with money. Am I being shallow? I (f25) started seeing someone (m29) who I feel is untrustworthy with money. Am I being shallow? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 25, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.