Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

He says I’m “mean” because I drew boundaries with him

I (33F) work remotely with a man (50M) who is a little...odd. In many ways he acts like a child. When I first interviewed with him, I noticed he talked a lot and about things that were really off-topic. He didn’t seem to understand when he was being “too much”.

When I started working with him, he seemed to idealize me a LOT. Like an uncomfortable amount. But he also talked AT me instead of TO me. I almost felt like he had cast me as a mother figure. It was very awkward. He always wanted to show me what he was doing and he started messaging me on the company app after-hours to tell me about the work he was doing. I did not want that to become a habit, so whenever he messaged me after-hours, I ignored him and didn’t respond until the next morning.

Then I ended up having to pull back even more because he just kept trying to rope me into being his audience and it was wasting my time. I have a lot of work to do.

Now, come to find out he’s telling people that I’m “mean” and a “snob”. He seems to have taken my behavior as an attack against him or a rejection when all I’m doing is drawing healthy boundaries because the man does not act like an adult.

Not sure how to handle him.

TLDR: Coworker is strange and now thinks I’m mean for drawing boundaries



Submitted November 24, 2020 at 02:51PM by sahlayshuss https://ift.tt/33haO4u
He says I’m “mean” because I drew boundaries with him He says I’m “mean” because I drew boundaries with him Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 25, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.