Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (f 20) feel as if my mother (f 55) is never fully satisfied with what I do...

Im not trying to gloat here, but I get A’s in most of my classes, I clean up after myself, I’m polite, I make my parents dinner, and I don’t disrespect them, yet I feel as if my mom is never satisfied with what I do and that her standards just constantly raise. Whenever I do something that I want to share with her, she’ll say like 10 negative things, but finish off her sentence by saying “but I love it!” “But it’s great!” For example, I’ve been writing a novel, and I just read to her a part that I’m proud of, and she listed so many things she didn’t like about it but ended by saying “but I can’t wait to hear the rest, and it sounds great!” Another example is me trying on a bikini or a dress, and she just kind of looks up and down at me and squints her eyes for like ten seconds, and then is like “it’s nice!”. She never writes anything in my birthday cards and barely compliments me in real life without me fishing for compliments. Worst part is is that she’s in denial and thinks that she never criticizes me whatsoever, and the criticism she gives is supposed to be helpful. Part of thinks that a lot of my anxiety, and my eating disorder is because of this. And I just talked to her about it and she completely blew up and cried and stormed out of the house, and made me feel as if it’s my fault and that I’m too sensitive to criticism.... How do I deal with this? Is it my fault for being too sensitive/insecure?

TL;DR my mom always criticizes everything I do, and then ends her sentences with a compliment. She never JUST compliments me. Am I too sensitive?



Submitted May 31, 2020 at 09:12AM by cinnamonoatmeallover https://ift.tt/2TYgbki
I (f 20) feel as if my mother (f 55) is never fully satisfied with what I do... I (f 20) feel as if my mother (f 55) is never fully satisfied with what I do... Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 01, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.