Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My Mom gave my fiancée [25f] a wedding gift and wants it back

My mother is a recovering alcoholic. When she was drinking, she gave my fiancée a necklace to wear for our wedding and keep as a wedding gift.

Now, several weeks before our wedding, she is saying she “loaned” the necklace and did not intend for it to be a gift at all. Then she went on to say that my fiancée should apologize for misremembering things...

The rest of my family is also backing my mom up on this, insisting we are misremembering, which is infuriating because my mom was not sober then and they know this.

My fiancée plans to return the necklace, and will no longer wear it to the wedding. But my mom isn’t having it, she now says she should keep it, and is playing the victim...but still demands an apology.

My family is deeply offended, and horrified at my fiancée. Her family is deeply offended and horrified at my Mom. I’m backing my fiancée on this.

Reddit, what can we do?

TL;DR My mom gave my fiancée a wedding gift, and now wants it back.



Submitted June 29, 2019 at 09:30PM by double0se7en https://ift.tt/2Jkw2Ui
My Mom gave my fiancée [25f] a wedding gift and wants it back My Mom gave my fiancée [25f] a wedding gift and wants it back Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.