Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My partner (M22) of 6 years left me (F22) for another woman. How do I stop hurting?

My partner and I were together for 6 years. We were each others best friend and we had planned a life together. I truly believe he was my soulmate. About a year ago, I started noticing that he was being very distant. When I talked to him about it, he said he was having a hard time balancing school, his career and having a relationship. I suggested that we take a break for the summer as he was moving away for work, so he could figure out some things. He agreed but after that, we still spoke everyday and saw each other as much as we did before. I was clearly confused and soon began trying to get back together with him. His answer was always no, he was too overwhelmed. I was very understanding but asked him if it was because he wanted to see other people. He said no, he only wanted to be with me. After months of the same thing and essentially being partners, I was driving around my neighborhood and saw him at a restuarant on a date. I was shattered. I had done everything for him to make our relationship work and he had lied to me. I confronted him later and he began telling me all the things wrong with me and our relationship.. much of what he brought up was extremely easy behaviours to fix -- i could have solved the issues in a heartbeat if I had known he felt that way. He asked me to give him space, which I did. We are no longer talking but he has started a serious relationship with this girl, in only 2 months they have met each others families, been on trips and essentially moved in together. It is the hardest thing I have ever had to go through, losing not only my best friend and soulmate but also his family who was and still is like my family. I don't understand so much of what happened and I am trying not to feel guilt or self hate but it is hard when the person you trusted the most, choses to hurt you like this. My gut believes he will come back after this honeymoon stage of this rebound is over but I need to not get my hopes up because I don't know if I could ever trust him again and everything I see about them hurts more. He and the girl still keeps tabs on me on social media and that last time we talked, he was still leading me on, saying "i don't know what will happen in the future". Any advice you can give on how to move on and be okay would be amazing. It is very hard to cut him out because he lives in my neighborhood, so does she and he works in the same building as me. How can someone do that after 6 years of a loving relationship? How can I get over the pain I am feeling?

Tl;dr - I was was left by my best friend and partner of 6 years for another woman without much warning. They are now in a serious relationship that progressed very fast. My life has been completely rocked and I am having avery hard time coping. I keep expecting him to comeback once the honeymoon stage of this rebound is over but I need to move on amd get over this in case that never happens. Any advice to help lessen my pain is so appreciated.



Submitted June 27, 2019 at 07:38AM by princetongirl33 https://ift.tt/2LkG5em
My partner (M22) of 6 years left me (F22) for another woman. How do I stop hurting? My partner (M22) of 6 years left me (F22) for another woman. How do I stop hurting? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.