Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (F24) cry a lot and it's affecting my relationship with my SO (26M)

I cry very often. I cry at weddings, speeches, sad songs, romance movies, books, memories, the national anthem, when a sports team wins, etc. Happy and sad crying. The big problem that's affecting my relationship is that sometimes I cry if I don't get my way or when something I'm doing wrong is brought up. For example, if I want to dance with my SO at a party and he would rather not, I get very sad and teary and it lingers for a while. I know it makes him feel bad, I don't intend to, it's just how I react to being disappointed. When my SO mentions that I do something that bothers him, I get very sad and teary and it lingers because I'm upset that I hurt him. This is incredibly counter-productive because the topic we're talking about gets derailed and he focuses on comforting me. I'm sure it's exhausting for him to constantly worry and check in on me because I can't discuss issues without crying. What can I do to either stop crying so often or be able to deal with disappointment or serious conversations without getting emotional?

tl;dr: I cry a lot. This negatively affects my relationship because I'll cry when my SO doesn't want to do something with me or brings up an issue he has with me. What can I do to stop crying or help myself deal with disappointment/discuss topics better?



Submitted June 30, 2019 at 08:29AM by wa126 https://ift.tt/2X9ZMbi
I (F24) cry a lot and it's affecting my relationship with my SO (26M) I (F24) cry a lot and it's affecting my relationship with my SO (26M) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.