Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [23 F] told a girl [21 F] that she was cheated on last year after the rest of my friend group [20s] have been lying to her about it. Now everyone is mad at me.

For some context, I used to be a part of a friend group a year ago, but was having a lot of personal issues that were making me go kind of crazy so I went MIA for a little over a year to work on myself. No social media, no friends, just wanted to work on myself alone.

Recently, they reached out to me again and wanted me to hang out with them, I agreed and it's been nice, except dynamics have changed a bit. My main friend, who I'll call Jake, now has a girlfriend, Ashley, and a girl that I believed to be the ex (Laura) of one of the other guys (Chris) now hangs out more regularly and they are "back together." I assumed they were "back" together because the entire time I hung out with them last year, he was sleeping with a different girl (one of my friends) and told me he had dumped Laura.

Come to find out, he never dumped her...which made a lot of things make sense. Like, why she would occasionally be in his room while he was seeing someone else and why she would post on social media as if they were still together. He explained it back then as, "Oh, she's fucking psycho. She still thinks we're dating." He allowed people to call Laura psycho in his presence and perpetuated it quite a bit to the point where a lot of people even outside the friend group called her "psycho" and still do to this day.

Apparently, she did not know that he was sleeping with someone else during this period but suspected. I brought it up to Jake and Ashley and they told me not to say anything and that the scores were settled anyway because she also cheated once upon a time. Jake also claimed to "not remember" any of the events of last year so he conveniently couldn't confirm or deny anything I saw.

Well, me and Laura end up hitting it off (I'm also a straight female, so not trying to slide in). She brings up the fact that I used to be friends with the girl she suspects her boyfriend cheated with. Ashley was there and gave me a, "Don't say shit," look, but I cracked. I couldn't keep that in and just straight up lie to her face.

Obviously, she was upset but she thanked me for telling her. Ashley was pissed at me, she immediately locked herself in her room and started texting Jake informing him of what I did and all Hell broke loose.

Ashley also warned me that I shouldn't have said anything because all I did was start shit between Chris and Laura.

I also informed Laura that Jake and Ashley were also aware of the cheating and lied to her every time she asked.

Pretty soon after, Jake and Chris were slandering me, saying that I'm "crazy" and trying to start shit and that I've always been "jaded" and how they thought that after this year-long break that I took that I was, "Not crazy anymore, but I guess we were wrong." That hurt, because I've been going to counseling and really put in an effort to not be "crazy."

Chris also denied the cheating that I was witness to for 5 months.

I don't think what I did was wrong per se, but I do feel like I might be in the wrong for coming back into this friend group for no less than a month and basically wrecking it overnight with the truth.

The only reason I said anything was because Laura was starting to tell me that she was glad that we met because she thought I was "real" and "cool" and wanted to hang out more. I have previously been cheated on and in a situation where everyone knew, but me, and I felt like an idiot. So, I sympathized with Laura.

What do y'all think? I already apologized to them for causing a riff, but explained my position of being uncomfortable with lying to Laura like they've been doing for a year.

They're no longer talking to me, though.

TL;DR: Got back into a friend group that I was gone from for a year, immediately found out they were lying to one friend about her boyfriend having not cheated on her during the period I was actively friends with them and decided to tell the truth. Now all except her are mad at me.

Edit: Added fake names for clarity.

Also want to explain that the only reason I started talking to them again was because I had a conversation with one of them that led me to believe that things had changed over the past year and that everyone had grown as people. I've since learned that's not true.

I have a problem with understanding things socially sometimes, so to me, everyone's mad reactions and name-calling towards me made me think I must have done something wrong in this situation.



Submitted June 26, 2019 at 08:17PM by MonochromePassenger https://ift.tt/2NhX047
I [23 F] told a girl [21 F] that she was cheated on last year after the rest of my friend group [20s] have been lying to her about it. Now everyone is mad at me. I [23 F] told a girl [21 F] that she was cheated on last year after the rest of my friend group [20s] have been lying to her about it. Now everyone is mad at me. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.