Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (27f) partner (26m) gets angry at me for not mind reading his emotions regularly then says I don’t understand him and I’m starting to actually lose it.

My partner has not been very happy lately. There’s a few minor stressors in his life going on and he doesn’t handle it well, especially a feeling of isolation and not having friends who “understand him”. Anyway. I’m away on a trip for a week because I’ve not been well and needed to recoup with my family and we had an argument last night because he was upset and wanted me to come up and see him for the day and I said I couldn’t unfortunately. He then got really angry when he told me he was upset and I felt bad and tried to help by talking it all out with him and he said “you should just know! You’re my partner!” He said nothing prior to insinuate he wasn’t feeling good over messenger.

He proceeded to tell me I never understand him and that I should just know when he’s upset and that by saying I couldn’t come down to see him I was being selfish and he’d do it for me. When I explained it made me anxious to travel 5 hours in a day to only be there 3 hours because I have travel anxiety he got angry again and said “well obviously you dont think it’s worth it”. I planned to come up and see him but he booked in to work 80% of his weekend so now I’d only get those 3-4 hours and figured I might as well stay down here as it’s a long long way to travel if I’m coming back next week. This was all before I knew he was upset. When I found out I offered to come up and he just said “nah don’t bother”. I’m so exhausted.

This is beginning to be a common occurrence. The other day I tried to help him with something and he constantly gets angry and says “you just never understand me”. I know he’s been feeling isolated lately and said he feels like no one is similar to him and he wants to have people around him who think a similar way. I suggested joining a group or studying something and he got angry and said that I was deferring it to other people and he wanted me to do those things with him. I feel like I can never win and I’m always doing something wrong. What do I do?

TLDR - my partner is always expecting me to mindread and thinks I never understand him etc and I’m losing my mind



Submitted June 29, 2019 at 12:01PM by iwassayingboourns2 https://ift.tt/2KO8Och
My (27f) partner (26m) gets angry at me for not mind reading his emotions regularly then says I don’t understand him and I’m starting to actually lose it. My (27f) partner (26m) gets angry at me for not mind reading his emotions regularly then says I don’t understand him and I’m starting to actually lose it. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.