Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [25M] asked out my best friend [24F] of seven years.

So a little backstory: I met this girl back in high school and we became really good friends. The type of friends who talk every day, even about the small pointless stuff like: "What did you eat for breakfast?". For the past seven years we've helped each other with relationship stuff as well, setting each other up and so on. Although she is very attractive, I've never really looked at her that way until recently.

So I figured, why not, I'm going to ask out my best friend. We've talked about each others appearances before, both of us finding the other one attractive, we are spending most of our days doing something together and so on. After a long rant by me, saying how I want an honest opinion and nothing will change between us if she says "no", she said "yes".

Great, I'm over the moon happy, I'm going out with the perfect woman. But wait. This is no regular woman. This woman knows EVERYTHING about me. How do you go on a date with someone that knows everything? The regular dinner-date would turn into the most awkward sitting of all time. We are both kind of, socially awkward I guess you could say, so we can't just sit down and talk.

Another thing I'm terrified of is physical contact with her. On a regular date, walking home or sending a girl to her door, an arm around her would seem completely fine, but in this case, I think it would weird us both out. Imagine walking with someone for 7 years, side by side, and now suddenly this intimacy happens. I don't know, maybe it's just me overthinking it. Like, I really really want this, I believe we would make a great couple, but I don't know how to get past the awkward phase. On the topic of first kisses, I suck at reading hints as it is, how am I supposed to get it right with my best friend?

Anyways, what I'm asking is: where would you take a date that knows everything about you and how to get over the initial awkwardness phase?

TLDR: taking my best friend on a date and have no idea how to make it not awkward.



Submitted February 25, 2019 at 03:24AM by newUntakenUsername https://ift.tt/2EwOrvU
I [25M] asked out my best friend [24F] of seven years. I [25M] asked out my best friend [24F] of seven years. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 25, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.