Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

New coworker has decided that I'm "the competition"

This new girl (F23) was hired onto my (F35) team. We are coworkers, but I'm in a more senior position than she is. From day one, I got a very negative, cold feeling from this girl and I noticed that she would stare at me a lot, almost like she was studying me. Then I noticed that she started acting like me, using the same mannerisms, laugh, and general personality that I have. Then, she started dressing very provocatively and openly flirting with the male managers.

Now, she has started icing me out completely. She ignores me in meetings, and otherwise tries to be louder than me to draw more attention to herself. And last week, during a team meeting, she called me "mean" to my face, out of nowhere. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not mean at all. It feels like she's aggressively trying to push me out of the way, trying to paint me as someone I'm not, and deliberately trying to show that she's "better" than me.

Now, I am well-liked on my team and in my company. People know and trust me. And it's like she's trying to destroy all of that. I talked to my boss's boss (who I'm close with) and he said that she has told him on multiple occasions that she's "very competitive" and "has to win". He apparently doesn't see this as the huge red flag that it is, and if even he does, I know he won't take action because he's very passive when it comes to confrontation.

I do not feel comfortable working with this girl. She has a very bad vibe in general, but I do believe she has it out for me and it's making me very uneasy. Don't know how to handle.

TL;DR: New coworker is hyper-competitive, has it out for me, and is making me extremely uncomfortable.



Submitted January 27, 2019 at 03:39PM by macropepper http://bit.ly/2sQU414
New coworker has decided that I'm "the competition" New coworker has decided that I'm "the competition" Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.