Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [31 M] GF [29 F] of 2 months is upset with my lack of common sense and is threatening to break up.

TL;DR: My chronic social awkwardness is causing problems for my relationship. Girlfriend is demanding that I change, but I know that any promises I give her will be an empty one. What should i do?

I've always struggled with social awkwardness. I have a hard time determining what is socially acceptable and what isn't. This causes me to offend people fairly regularly, without meaning to. As a result, I've withdrawn socially from people, and interact only with a core group of friends and relatives who understands and accepts my "quirks".

Recently, I got a girlfriend, and this social awkwardness is driving her nuts. The straw that finally broke the camel's back is when my girlfriend was finally ready to meet my mom(single parent). My mom and I were really excited about this, and we spent a day and a half cleaning the entire house, and thinking of conversation topics so that there will always be something for my mum to talk to her about. My girlfriend was supposed to stay for lunch, and I knew she liked noodles. My mum decided that she couldn't make good noodles, so we opted to just eat out instead. The problem: we didn't pre-book any venue. We assumed that this wouldn't be something important, and thought this was something we could just do on an impromptu basis. Which was true. There were a lot of great eateries within 5mins walk from my place, and we on the actual day, we settled for one of them with little hassle.

The girlfriend was pissed. She felt that we disrespected her because we didn't have solid plans for lunch, when she was coming over for lunch. I gave her my standard excuse that i didn't know it wasn't socially acceptable to do lunch on the fly, but she wasn't having it. She gave me an ultimatum to clean up my act, or she's leaving.

I'm currently getting ignored by her. I think she's trying to extract a promise from me to "get more common sense". I don't want to, because I know it's a promise I can't keep. I've tried to "get more common sense" before, but the best advice that "experts" can give me is to "give more thought into things before doing it". That's not going to work, because I already spend a lot of time mulling things through, and getting 3rd party opinions whenever possible, and I still screw up fairly regularly.

How do i handle this situation?



Submitted January 28, 2019 at 01:11AM by arcrenciel http://bit.ly/2Wp6L0O
My [31 M] GF [29 F] of 2 months is upset with my lack of common sense and is threatening to break up. My [31 M] GF [29 F] of 2 months is upset with my lack of common sense and is threatening to break up. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.