Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (24f) Boyfriend (26M) let his roommates emotionally destroy me. And now he consistently chooses them over me

Here’s some backstory. Buckle up, it’s a long one but I’ll try to keep it as concise as possible.

A few months ago my SO left his Facebook logged in on my iPad and I opened messenger thinking it was me who has unread messages. What I found instead was an entire conversation between him and his roommate. His roommate said some really nasty shit about me. She said I wasn’t going to be a good mom (I’m 5 months pregnant). She said I’m toxic and that “pregnant people make her uncomfortable”. And she said “you know nobody likes her, right?”. I was so hurt. I have a lot of trouble making friends and I’m a bit socially awkward but I try my best. And it was just an affirmation of all of my anxieties. His replies to these messages were... non-replies. That’s the best way I can describe it. I cried in his arms that night for a long time.

So his roommate banned me from their apartment. Making it so that I barely get to spend time with him. And making me feel really alone all of the time. He never defended me. Not once. Another of his friends told me that they talk shit about me all of the time, and he just sits there in silence. When he’s with me, he acts like I’m his world. I never doubt that he loves me and our little one. But he refuses to defend me to them. And refuses to protect me from them.

I’ve done my absolute best to try to just get over it. We were supposed to be moving in together in March and I felt like if I could just make it until then everything would be alright. Then he kept choosing them. Again. And again. It’s New Year’s Eve. And I sat here alone and sad all night because he had promised me we would spend the night together, but then decided to pick up liquor and get drunk with his roommates instead.

I just feel like I can’t do this anymore. What is so wrong with me that he can’t ever choose me over them? Everyone around the situation has admitted that I didn’t really do anything. They don’t like me because I’m pregnant. Because they don’t believe in procreation and don’t agree with my SO and I deciding to keep the little one.

I don’t know what to do anymore. The whole situation makes me feel like I’m not good enough for him to choose me. And his roommates absolutely destroyed what little self confidence I had. They took half of my relationship from me. And he let it all happen. I feel like if we stay together and I just “stick it out”, the rest of my life I will always come second for him. He will never choose me.

I don’t know what to do. Do I leave or do I stay? I never wanted to be the girlfriend that took my dudes friends away, that’s not who I am. But they seem to be so determined to keep us apart and it doesn’t seem to bother him.

TL;DR boyfriends roommates said some cruel things about me, banned me from his place and he won’t defend me. Do I stay or go

EDIT: thank you all so much for all of the support and advice. I read every single comment. And I decided to give him an ultimatum. Pick us and pick us now, or see your kid on weekends and holidays. Thank you!!!



Submitted December 31, 2018 at 08:51PM by pleasedontask855 http://bit.ly/2BSJ6wa
My (24f) Boyfriend (26M) let his roommates emotionally destroy me. And now he consistently chooses them over me My (24f) Boyfriend (26M) let his roommates emotionally destroy me. And now he consistently chooses them over me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.