Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Immigrant dad [52M] is having a hard time being a bus driver, I feel bad and want to help [20M]

We're immigrants to the US and my dad who holds a college degree from the old country, got a job as a public bus driver. He drove a taxi cab for a long time, and finally managed to get this job after hours of preparation for standardised tests and interviews, it was a very long interview process with multiple certifications. He really wanted this job because it's relatively stable and has good benefits. I'm a 20 year old engineering student who has about 2 years left in school and I am trying my best to get a great job after I graduate. I was reading through some documents in his desk when he asked me to find something there and I found documents regarding a compliant he filed against violent customers, and other abusive drivers. He once had a case where he slowed the bus down to get an old woman on the bus who couldn't want and was berated by another driver on the bus for "being a dumbass". Other situations, where customers throw coffee and feces. It just underscores the shitty environment he has to face just to put food on the table. My mom works as a cashier at walmart and I'd imagine the environment isn't any better. I haven't talked to them about it. I have a younger brother who's also a freshman engineering major and we talked about this together and it really hurts that our parents have to go through so much nonsense just so we could have a better future. I have a great internship lined up this summer with an engineering firm that'll pay well; last summer I interned in california and made some money which I used to treat everyone to dinner, buy clothes for everyone and get laptops for my brother and younger sister, that they'll need for school. I'm also able to fund my education through loans/internships/grants. It just sucks that I can't really take them out of this situation until I graduate and even if I do, I want both my parents to live with me when I get married, but I dunno how the wife will feel about that. I feel kind of helpless and just need advice on things I can do now to make my parents' condition better. I want to be wealthy one day so that we can live in the same house or even neighborhood and not have to deal with the crap that comes with blue collar jobs. My parents laid out their entire lives for me and my siblings and I think the least I can do is do something about this. I know my parents are people, and they had a life before me, I just want them to feel that I care and I'm doing everything in my power to make their lives comfortable. I just don't know what else I should be doing.

tl;dr: parents are working crappy jobs, I'm still in school, how can I help?



Submitted January 02, 2019 at 02:05AM by wanttohelpmaked http://bit.ly/2RpGcJc
Immigrant dad [52M] is having a hard time being a bus driver, I feel bad and want to help [20M] Immigrant dad [52M] is having a hard time being a bus driver, I feel bad and want to help [20M] Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 02, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.