Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (33f) BF (36m) continuously pays for the entire table when we go out for dinner with my friends.

A little less than a year ago I wrote about this issue here but the answers were mostly that I was selfish and that I should allow my BF to spend his money the way he wants.

We have been dating close to 2 years and often talk about marriage and an upcoming proposal.

My friends and I gather often for dinner to celebrate birthdays or while on vacation. It is usually with the same 8-12 people.

Since being with my boyfriend, we have probably gotten together in a restaurant setting with friends 10 times. . He has paid for the table or contributed a large amount 7-8 times, maybe 9- of those times. He sneaks away and will pay the bill while no one is looking.

Last week, he split the bill with my brother-in-law for my sister’s birthday party which was a very large amount of money. And today he covered the entire bill for 8 of us including all 4 of their kids.

Yes, I agree it’s his money but my friends are extremely well off. They have established families and my Bf and I live in a small apartment and we are saving for new couches, saving for engagement ring, a wedding.

I told him all of this. He normally tells me to mind my own business or that it’s what he needs to do because “someone” needs to pay for it. When I brought it up today, he has ceased communication.

Is this a money spending red flag? What type of behavior is going on here? Why would he want to impress my friends while making me upset? Is he just a nice guy?

TL;DR: BF continues to pay for the entire table during group outings. He will continue to cover high tabs and it concerns me regarding our future financially.



Submitted October 28, 2018 at 02:14PM by seekseaingo https://ift.tt/2SovuQZ
My (33f) BF (36m) continuously pays for the entire table when we go out for dinner with my friends. My (33f) BF (36m) continuously pays for the entire table when we go out for dinner with my friends. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.