Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (M36) think my GF (F33) has been lying about her cat allergies

Hi All,

Been together for 9 months now and in month 2 she told me she's allergic to cats and can't be around them. She gets itchy and her asthma flares up.

I've got 3 and two I've had since 2008 so very attached to them all.

I'm understanding so I said if things progressed between us I'd rehouse them with a sibling after much deliberation.

Now the first time she came over she said she took a anti-histamine but still felt itchy, fine as expected really.

What is eating away at me is she has come over multiple times after that with 0 complains about any itchiness. But its clear to see she is terrified of them. They go near her and she jumps/twitches. We have met up when I forgot to lint roller myself so I'm unfortunately covered in fur, no complaints at all. The other day in a possible Freudian slip she said "you know I don't like cats".

For the last 7 months I have felt the sense of dread that I may have to give my cats up to a degree (would still have access to them whenever I wanted) every time I saw them and now it all could have been for a lie because she simply doesn't like them.

This is a huge breach of trust and manipulation one which I can't look past if true.

Just wanted others thoughts on this before I take my next step.

Thanks.

TLDR: GF said shes allergic to cats, I'd need to get rid of mine if our relationship was ever to progress. I now think shes just doesnt like them and has been lying about the whole allergy angle.



Submitted August 19, 2022 at 02:16AM by Greatdane_notthedog https://ift.tt/UETfYI4
I (M36) think my GF (F33) has been lying about her cat allergies I (M36) think my GF (F33) has been lying about her cat allergies Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 19, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.