Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend (33M) forgot my birthday (32F) and I don’t know if my reaction was childish or what to do next?

We’ve been together 6 months. I’ve told him my birthday. A week before, I mentioned in conversation that it was my birthday the following week. He didn’t say much. My birthday was today. Due to some travel plans I have, I was not planning to have a birthday party this year and I also told him that. So we knew we wouldn’t see each other. However, I assumed that simply remembering & saying happy birthday would be a no brainer. You know - like tons of friends shoot a simple text saying happy birthday. That’s all I really hoped for.

Well, the day of my birthday came and it was very obvious he had no idea as we were texting. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and waited, but nothing. Eventually, I realized he was absolutely clueless about it. He FaceTimed me to ask me some stuff, and didn’t mention my birthday. So, being upset, I didn’t say anything either. I figured why bother.

Over the next couple hours, I got some flower deliveries from a few different friends. I took pictures and posted them on my Instagram story. In truth, I probably would have done that either way but part of me did think “well he’ll see the post and it will suddenly dawn on him that he forgot.”

Except that he ended up going to bed before he ever saw my post. About 15 minutes ago, he woke up. He sent me his usual good morning text, but said nothing about my birthday. He has seen the story now but still nothing. We are in different time zones right now, so I’m about to go to bed.

But…What do I do at this point? I mean, you’d think after seeing the story he’d apologize or at least say happy birthday at that point. Maybe he’s waiting to talk when I wake up & doesn’t want to say anything through text, or maybe he’s really planning to pretend nothing happened. Do I bring it up when we talk, or do I ignore it? Did I act childish here? Am I in the wrong?

Tl;dr how can I deal with my boyfriend forgetting my birthday?



Submitted August 27, 2022 at 01:19AM by throwsndskakakx https://ift.tt/lFMaDr2
My boyfriend (33M) forgot my birthday (32F) and I don’t know if my reaction was childish or what to do next? My boyfriend (33M) forgot my birthday (32F) and I don’t know if my reaction was childish or what to do next? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 27, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.