Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Depressed Male Partner

I [F 27] and my boyfriend [M 28] have been together for almost 7 years and have been going through a bit of a disconnect for the last year. His Depression seems to be the main root of the cause. I do believe he needs a change in medication. I think it does help in terms of anxiety and simply getting him out of bed in the morning to go to work which is great. However, he sleeps roughly 12-15+ hours a day on the weekend (granted it’s broken sleep, but still cannot get out of bed and become motivated). He also is still experiencing apathy and says he has no “feeling” or joy for anything. I noticed these changes became more persistent when he started taking his anti-depressants regularly. Specifically this past year when I also noticed the disconnect in our relationship especially romantically and other forms of intimacy. We don’t live together and will go weeks without seeing each other. Has anyone on Lexapro had negative side effects such as this including loss of libido and desire with a long-term partner? Any suggestion on what other anti-depressants he could try? He also states his feelings lately for me have been confusing in terms of love. He says he loves me, which I whole heartedly believe, but has questioned the actual feeling being “in love” with me because he is struggling with a lack internal emotion and everyday feelings and he doesn’t know how to process anything because of his depression. We just now started to discuss the possibility of couples counseling.

TLDR; Boyfriend and I of 7 years have been disconnected due to his depression. Seeking advice in terms of relationship experience with a depressed partner and medication experience/suggestions?



Submitted August 22, 2022 at 04:53PM by tainted_blossom https://ift.tt/zB4XDy0
Depressed Male Partner Depressed Male Partner Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 23, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.