Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (30M) lost a friend (27M) because I helped a girl (26F)

Hello everyone

It has been a year since I stopped talking with a friend of mine. We were good friends, even after he went to another country, so it was a bit harsh when the dispute happened. I don’t know who was right in this situation so let me give the details.

I was never good with social interactions, especially regarding girls and seduction. More like a geek than a Casanova, playing RPG and reading comics. My friend was like me until he move me to study in another country.

Each of us lived his life but still talked from time to time. I know he started martial arts and talking to girls in the street. Also trying to be invited in more social events.

At the same time I was (and still am) struggling with depression. I used to talk about it with my friend for it was one of the only with whom I could talk about that. I however tried to go out more often in bars and talk to people, including girls to offer a drink or just stay in contact. Trying to make efforts.

So, one night, I was in a bar and met a group of girls who gathered boys, me and two others, for a drinking game. I participated and we discussed. Everything seemed fine. One of the girls, let’s call her M. , was very nice and we talked a bit. I even got her number.

Later, she explained discreetly to me that she was too shy to tell the boy she likes (one other than me from the group) that she is interested in him. I thought it was too bad for me but if I could help someone that was nice with me to have a good night, why not help her. I talked with the said boy and they ended up together.

I was disappointed but happy for them. I told the situation to my friend. He was furious. He told me I was stupid because I should have kept the girl for myself. He said he was tired of discussing with such a pathetic looser and stopped talking to me. I don’t remember what I answered but we stopped talking.

I don’t know what to think about this situation since then. Who was right ?

P.S: M. tried to invite me to drink with the group, but they didn’t want me. They stopped seeing me.

‘TL;DR resume’

A friend stopped talking to me and called me a looser because I helped a girl being with the men she liked instead of « keeping her for myself as he said ». Who was right?



Submitted August 25, 2022 at 06:56PM by Nox_Imperator https://ift.tt/Olry0Ne
I (30M) lost a friend (27M) because I helped a girl (26F) I (30M) lost a friend (27M) because I helped a girl (26F) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 26, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.