Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (55F) overheard a conversation between my husband (53M) and son (26M) and it has raised so many question for me and I have no idea how to proceed

The other day I overheard a conversation between husband (53M) and son Alex (26M). They were talking about this problem Alex has with his wife which I know about because he also asked me for advice regarding this too. However husband started this tangent on how men always get told "do you want to be right or married?" whenever theyre in a similar situation like Alex but women are "encouraged to enforce their boundaries and demand accountability, while 80% of the time being unable to take any for themselves". He didnt seem angry, but it was a rant. His advice to Alex boiled down to never ever listen to that mantra, because hes betraying himself and its going to eat at his self-worth and self-esteem, how if hes right he's right and if his wife cant handle that shes a child who cant take responsibility, how it sends a message that men cant be right AND married, how it is up there with "moronic" statements like "happy wife happy life" and so on....

Alex was silent during this speech, i didnt have a visual so I dont know if he reacted to this non-verbally in any way. Then he said "you know, that was moms advice. She said I should just let it go and pretty much said that exact thing.". Husband was silent for a while and then said "of fucking course she did". I had to leave then because Alex stood up and I thought he was about to exit the room so I left. They talked for two more hours but on the porch.

Since then ive been plagued with questions. Does he resent me because he heeded  this sort of advice himself? When he said that last sentence it really felt like he hated me. Im also concerned about the message this sends to Alex. Im just upset and concerned and dont know how to approach this or if I even should confront him.

TL;DR overheard conversation made me feel like husband resents me. I feel horrible and dont know what to do



Submitted August 26, 2022 at 03:54AM by Not-really-good https://ift.tt/wGsc7ZW
I (55F) overheard a conversation between my husband (53M) and son (26M) and it has raised so many question for me and I have no idea how to proceed I (55F) overheard a conversation between my husband (53M) and son (26M) and it has raised so many question for me and I have no idea how to proceed Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 26, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.