Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Am I (26M) doing the right thing kicking roommate out ?

I recently purchased a home and I had a long time friend move in with me, We don't have a lease. The agreement was that he would pay $600 and month and rent the basement. He moved in May and I've yet to receive the agreed upon amount. The first month he gave me $500, then $400, then this month he gave me $300.

I've given him mutplie warnings that I would ask him to leave if he didn't get his shit together. He was $300 past due in August. The agreement was that he would pay me $900 ( Aguest rent + past due ) on the 1st of August. Turns out that on the 1st he didn't have it and needed more time. I gave him another 2 weeks and he gave me $300 this week. I texted him that he can keep the past due rent and that he needs to leave by the 1st of September.

I feel bad because he really doesn't have anywhere else to go but I've tried the best I could to help. This will probably ruin our friendship but I honestly don't care. I'm upset because I don't like living by myself because I get lonely and I don't have many friends. I don't know when the next time I'll be able to get a roommate will be. I also will miss the extra income but at this point it's about the principle.

TL;DR Am I doing the right thing kicking them out ?



Submitted August 24, 2022 at 04:43PM by SillyRecover https://ift.tt/mxMjy4f
Am I (26M) doing the right thing kicking roommate out ? Am I (26M) doing the right thing kicking roommate out ? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 25, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.