Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (23F) am on a break with my boyfriend (24M) and I am really struggling

Hello everyone. I (23F) have been on a break with my boyfriend (24M) for the past week.

This happened because I realized I had lost love feelings for him and was perceiving him more like a friend. I still enjoyed spending time with him, I just did not have that special feeling in my gut. We have been together 5 years, so this has nothing to do with the honeymoon phase being over. I tried to see if there were some things we could change in the relationship to take it back, but all attempts I made for the past month were not really successful.

I told him a week ago and he was devastated in the beginning, but I wanted to be truthful. We both initially decided that our relationship as friends is what started this romantic relationship (we were really good friends before) and will remain even after.

However, since I have also been suffering from anxiety lately, we decided to take a break instead of breaking up immediately so to distance ourselves from the emotions and craziness for a little while and see how we feel after that. We are not texting or talking and I will see him only after 2 weeks.

I am a bit scared because of how he may be feeling, I feel terrible having to hurt his feelings like that and I also am a bit scared that it may not work and make him feel even worse, but the idea to let it all go without at least an attempt seemed nonsense. Also, I feel like it was the right decision in the moment and may allow us to think that at least we tried if we end up breaking up. Of course, after 5 years I also have fear because I think that I may not be able to love anyone else the same way I was in love with him.

Has anyone gone through a similar experience? How did you handle it? Any advice?

TL;DR I took a break with my boyfriend because I am not as in love anymore and I am a bit scared



Submitted June 04, 2022 at 12:45AM by Excellent-Abrocoma53 https://ift.tt/OZeWQhg
I (23F) am on a break with my boyfriend (24M) and I am really struggling I (23F) am on a break with my boyfriend (24M) and I am really struggling Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 04, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.