Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Help me(29M) find the words to break it off with a friend(39F).

TL;DR - A stranger recruits me to be her friend but I anticipate discord in our friendship since we differ in personality.

She is a married 39 y/o who has self-identified as my friend since I(29) met her at a cafe over several months ago. We had a genial conversation, traded contacts, and set intentions to meet again. Our first meetings were awkward/boring. The first time we met up, she went on about work until she was too exhausted to have a reciprocal conversation. We met like this once or twice more before she proposed that we just meet weekly on Mondays for an hour.

What I glean about her personality is that she is cautious, considerate, and particular. All traits that are fine. But my concern is that my caution, consideration, and particularity are all lax in proportion to hers. I'm more-so artistic, if not free spirited in my approach to life and she seems to be more-so technical.

We haven't had any explicit conflicts. But knowing that she differs in this way makes me question if I should continue this friendship I never really agreed to in the first place.



Submitted May 30, 2022 at 06:12AM by moonchildboy https://ift.tt/bXyc7RC
Help me(29M) find the words to break it off with a friend(39F). Help me(29M) find the words to break it off with a friend(39F). Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 31, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.