Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (29F) mom (56F) cut up my 10 year old painting and she doesn’t understand why it was bad that she did so. How do I explain this to her?

Tl;dr my mom destroyed an art piece that was sentimental, doesn’t understand that she did anything wrong. Looking for advice to explain this to her.

Throwaway account. My mom is one of those people that doesn’t really have common sense. We usually laugh about it in our family, but this one just deeply upset me. I was an art major, and my last piece for school was this 4x6 watercolour painting. I spent hours on it. It became the cover art for an album I worked on with a band, it came with me to three apartments. My last spot was a basement so I asked her to keep it for me so it wouldn’t mould. Instead of keeping it rolled up in her basement, she actually displayed it which I thought was nice. I wasn’t in a rush to get it back from her because of that. Today I visited her, and saw that she had just straight up cut it into a 2x3. Just took scissors and cut it to be smaller. I was in complete shock and asked her why she did this, she said it wouldn’t fit in a frame. I couldn’t believe it. I feel so heartbroken and she genuinely was not apologetic, just didn’t understand how unaaceptable and hurtful it was. How do I explain this to her?



Submitted May 28, 2022 at 11:27PM by huys-judbvvssssshjjk https://ift.tt/yvrPaw4
My (29F) mom (56F) cut up my 10 year old painting and she doesn’t understand why it was bad that she did so. How do I explain this to her? My (29F) mom (56F) cut up my 10 year old painting and she doesn’t understand why it was bad that she did so. How do I explain this to her? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 29, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.