Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My “partner” doesn’t think he has an addiction to video games, neglecting his time with his daughter and our relationship

My partner (30M) and I (26F) have been together for almost 2 years. Right now he is sleeping comfortably in his bed while I type this before attempting to sleep in my car, which I’ve had to do I don’t even know how many times now.

He works for 6 hours a day, four days a week and when he’s not working, he spends his free time playing video games until he’s ready to go to bed. He has a 6 year old daughter who stays with us on weekends whom he seems to refuse to put video game time on hold for. I enjoy spending time with her and always look forward to her staying with us, but I don’t believe that I should be the sole person responsible for entertaining her or setting rules and boundaries for her to follow. It pisses me off when I’m put in this position while he’s in the next room paying no mind to anyone or anything that’s going on around him for 8-14 hours straight on the daily. I knew he played before we even began dating, but of course he put up the front for a while to not show he has a problem. This proves to me that he is aware he has a problem if he felt the need to hide it.

If we’re watching a movie together, he’s on his phone waiting on the two guys he plays with who he’s never even met to message him letting him know they’re on. The second he gets those texts, he’s gone. It’s gotten to the point I have lost respect and attraction for him because of how childish this is.

Today, he ignored me when he came home. I tried to talk to him, ask about dinner, just trying to make conversation and the first thing he did was turn on his Xbox without acknowledging me. He stayed on until 1:30 am and texted to ask me if I was coming to bed with him. I told him no, said it was shitty how he treats me and his daughter and puts us last to these guys he plays the game with. No response. Normally he would just tell me to “fuck off”, a few times he’s told me to stop nagging. He says the typical “it’s not like I’m out cheating on you, drinking or doing drugs”. It’s ridiculous, I don’t have an issue with video games but he takes it way too far and I don’t consider it nagging when it directly affects me and everyone else around him. I’ve slept in my car so many times because it just pisses me off when he gets like this to where I can’t sleep next to him. Even his family sees the problem and his mom has tried many times to convince him he abuses the time he gets with his child and he needs to grow up. She’s told me it played a big factor in BM leaving and the woman before her leaving.

I have tried and failed to make this work many times and I’m ready to give up. This isn’t the type of person I want to be with. He has shown he doesn’t give a shit and this whole thing is embarrassing. It feels so stupid that if I was another user reading this I might would think it’s a joke. It has led me to question myself, my confidence has gone down tremendously. I don’t know how else I could handle this besides just leaving.

TL;DR My “partner” spends 8-14 hours a day playing video games and prioritizes it over his child and me. I’m left to care for her and the household while he does that. I believe he has an addiction problem and he doesn’t see it.



Submitted May 17, 2022 at 12:14AM by redplanet210 https://ift.tt/s2jDRIE
My “partner” doesn’t think he has an addiction to video games, neglecting his time with his daughter and our relationship My “partner” doesn’t think he has an addiction to video games, neglecting his time with his daughter and our relationship Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 17, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.