Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Husband (55M) feels guilty for the bullying our daughter (7F) suffers because of his age and I don't know what to do to make him stop feeling that way.

Please don't downvote me, this is a serious topic and I'm really interested in reading useful comments, thank you so much!!!

In the last few weeks, some of our daughter's (7F) classmates began to bully her because of my (29F) husband's (55M) age, they call him old, they tell her that he's going to die soon or that he will not see her graduate, etc and she doesn't even care if her dad is old or not because honestly he looks really young for his age. So it's not about his looks but about his life and his time with her, I mean, she is terrified of losing her dad. For her the word old is tied to death, and she is having a really bad time and no matter how much we talk to her, she's scared that her father will die at any moment, and the worst part is that her little sister (6F) is just as sad as her and my husband thinks it's his fault, he calls himself selfish for having children when he knew how they might feel in the future.

And to be honest, I don't think he's selfish at all. He was always a healthy man thanks to his genetics and his lifestyle, but since we've been together he has changed too much. He changed his diet, his exercise routine, he's really doing his best to be here as long as he can, and a selfish person clearly wouldn't do that. I told him that and even told him that our daughters adore him and that's the most important thing, but he still insists that it's his fault and I don't know what to do anymore.

His dream was always to be a dad but for different reasons he couldn't until he finally had them with me and I know he wanted them too much because he is an amazing dad and loves our daughters.

I don't think he's being selfish nor do I believe in that "oh, but you're old you'll die and your children will be left alone" because the truth is that anyone can die regardless of their age. But he doesn't understand that, and I don't know what else to try to make him stop feeling selfish, is it a common reaction in older dads? Has anyone been through something similar and knows what to do when your partner feels like this?

Tl;dr "eldest daughter started being bullied at school because of my husband's age and now he feels sad and thinks that what happens to our daughter is his fault"



Submitted May 28, 2022 at 08:41PM by tate123456780 https://ift.tt/ikv2rWH
Husband (55M) feels guilty for the bullying our daughter (7F) suffers because of his age and I don't know what to do to make him stop feeling that way. Husband (55M) feels guilty for the bullying our daughter (7F) suffers because of his age and I don't know what to do to make him stop feeling that way. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 29, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.