Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Ex-girlfriend messaged me after 4 months of no-contact

Hey peoples!

My ex-girlfriend broke up with me about 4 months ago after a 2 year relationship, she said that she loves me very much and that I'm her best friend but she thinks it's the best decision for her. I love her dearly, she's the love of my life (or at least I thought so), I was devastated. When she told me, I was caught by surprise and understandably I reacted extremely emotional. After a couple of days I asked her if we could meet again to talk some more because it would be incredibly important to me because now I had the opportunity to calm down and to think about all of it. I also told her that I respect her decision and that my intention isn't to change her mind but just to talk. First she agreed, but then she cancelled and said that on the one hand she would like to see me but on the other hand it would be too emotionally demanding cause she's really hurt too and that she needs time and space and that we can meet in a couple of weeks.

Now to my, maybe trivial, question. Today is my birthday, we didn't have contact since those messages and she wrote:

"Dear x, I wish you all the best for your birthday! I think of you and send you a big hug 🫂"

I know, it's a simple bday greeting, nothing between the lines. But I really don't know how I should or how I want to reply or if I even want to reply at all, because there is a lot of anger in me because it hurt me so much and I'm still incredibly hurt and because I wasn't able to reply to anything she said.

Maybe I'm overthinking.

Edit: I should also add that she said during our last conversation (in tears) that she knows it's a dumb thing to say now and she knows she can't demand it or expect an answer, but she doesn't want me to leave her life, she wants to know how I'm doing and she also said that she can't be there for me during this time but she wants to be there for me in the future.

tl;dr

Girlfriend broke up with me, I was caught by surprise, wanted to talk things thru (while respecting her decision), she accepted but then declined and so I didn't have closure. She just sent me the first msg after 4 months of silence to congratulate me on my birthday. Dunno how to respond or if I even want to respond because I'm still so hurt and angry.



Submitted May 26, 2022 at 02:33PM by ChampionshipChuck1 https://ift.tt/lXcG7gf
Ex-girlfriend messaged me after 4 months of no-contact Ex-girlfriend messaged me after 4 months of no-contact Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 27, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.