Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

His ex is still in the picture

So I've (27F) been dating this guy (28M) recently and things are honestly going really great. It's probably the healthiest relationship I've had and communication between us is very open.

Only thing I'm not sure about is the fact that his ex is still heavily involved in his life. Normally, I really wouldn't be okay with it. However in his situation, they're still very much involved because they got a dog together a few years back. So although he moved out and such after the break up, he's still taking care of it with her so I understand the constant communication. It's sort of like divorced parents co-parenting a child. But other than the dog, I notice he still does things like hype her posts on social media or they're texting often(idk about what), think she even bothered to wait till midnight to wish him happy birthday on time etc.

He said he hopes his next relationship could accommodate his situation sorta like the scene between Ant Man, his daughter, his ex wife and her new husband.

I honestly don't know if I'm okay with it because it's still the very early stages (like few weeks) so I'm not that heavily attached yet, or I'm just trying to be okay with it because I like him alot and don't wanna let him go. Obviously if I had it my way, I wouldn't want an ex to be in the picture.

He did ask if I'm okay with it. And I told him I think I can't decide right now because I needa know more about the nature of the relationship they had and have now.

TLDR: guy I'm dating is still involved with his ex because they share a dog together. I wish it wasn't so but what can I do to be okay with it or what questions/boundaries can I talk to him regarding the situation?



Submitted May 12, 2022 at 09:33AM by lumpybean_ https://ift.tt/LbiBSak
His ex is still in the picture His ex is still in the picture Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 13, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.