Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I(28F) stuck in a comparison loop, I truly love my SO (32M) how can I learn to appreciate OUR real relationship instead of wishing we were one of those couples who never experience downsides and just breeze through life happy 24/7? feel like we're the only people on earth who have struggle sometimes

Been together 11mo. This year was a little hard for us, had some health issues which are thankfully resolved now, moved out for the first time at 28 from an abusive childhood home, moved in with my SO, my SO started a new hobby/business side hustle so we had to make some sacrifices and start spending less, I also had to face and deal with some severe childhood trauma/abuse, cut off my parents, SO changed jobs as he was super unhappy in his previous one, basically it wasn't easy and I had a lot of bad moments, lots of things happening and lots of ups and downs but we are still here and still strong.

We both make good money, we love to travel around europe (where we're from) and asia, have full time jobs we love, have a cute apartment, we truly love each other, have an excellent sex life and we know how to treat eachother every now and then, we have tons in common and LOVE each other's company, we're one of those couples who cannot get enough of each other.

BUUUUUUT I seem to be stuck in some sort of comparison thought loop and its super unpleasant and I wish it'll just go away

I guess my emotions got a little out of whack as I have been dealing with my mental health (its all under control now) and I started to feel really fed up with life in general, I'm sure everyone goes through these times, where you just wanna not exist lol. I keep seeing these super duper happy couples who seem to never have issues and breeze through life, they never have a bad day, always posing for cute selfies, dressed up, glammed up and on vacation all year, or these super mom types who have devoted husbands, a fleet of children who are all well dressed and cute, and the moms spend their days going to yoga and doing their nails.

Maybe its cause this year was so turbulent for me, but I keep seeing these people and being reminded how my trauma will always hold me back, that I'll always have demons and issues to deal with while these people were given a ''blank slate'' to be forever happy, and it hurts to see them breeze through life when sometimes I struggle so much during a week that I end up just crying in the shower after a bad day to alleviate my emotions.

I just want to make peace with my life, that I'll never achieve that kind of happiness and mental freedom and my life will always have struggles and ups and downs, and both me and him have to deal with the 'daily grind' of working, saving up, planning for things etc which I do love, but seeing how other couples basically deal with none of this makes me feel a bit idk stupid lol

I don't use instagram, facebook, tiktok or whatever, the only SM I have is Youtube and reddit and I cannot escape seeing people's perfect lives everywhere, even on reddit if I read comments on a thread its always some guy/girl bragging about how perfect their relationship is, I don't want to run away and avoid, I wanna just accept that I don't have what they have and that is ok too.

How do I go on about this? Any one went through a similar thing?

TL;DR - was super happy in my relationship until I went down a rabbit hole of seeing how perfect other people have it, i feel discouraged about the future because while I'll have to deal with finances, health issues, family problems, other couples just get to do none of that and be always happy, how do I make peace with the cards I'm dealt?

thank you for reading



Submitted May 17, 2022 at 02:30AM by glam_wife420 https://ift.tt/ogGJrOi
I(28F) stuck in a comparison loop, I truly love my SO (32M) how can I learn to appreciate OUR real relationship instead of wishing we were one of those couples who never experience downsides and just breeze through life happy 24/7? feel like we're the only people on earth who have struggle sometimes I(28F) stuck in a comparison loop, I truly love my SO (32M) how can I learn to appreciate OUR real relationship instead of wishing we were one of those couples who never experience downsides and just breeze through life happy 24/7? feel like we're the only people on earth who have struggle sometimes Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 17, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.