Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I'm (33F) torn between going to my nieces first birthday party and my husband's (34M, coach) state championship track meet - what would you do?

Husband is coaching the guys in the meet, he is not a participant/athlete

My family lives out of state. It's been a whirlwind for us all since 2020 when my grandmother passed in September. My younger sister, 19 at the time, found out she was pregnant and subsequently married.

My niece will turn 1 early June. Due to my work schedule, I've spent minimal time with her and with my family. Maybe once every couple months or so. I feel guilty for the distance and like I'm lacking support.

My husband threw for his college track team. It's a major passion of his. For the first time this year he is coaching high school track. He's helped a young man go from figuring out technique in throwing disc to states in one season. He's so proud and boiling over with happiness.

These two events fall on the same day. At 2pm (birthday) and 5pm (meet) and are 3 hours drive time apart. I'm so torn. I know it seems small but I don't know what to do. What would you choose?

Tl;Dr: Niece has first birthday on June 4. Husband has track meet on June 4. Feeling preemptive guilt because someone is going to feel unsupported. Which do I go to?



Submitted May 25, 2022 at 09:42PM by Arlowtis https://ift.tt/HXBiKuN
I'm (33F) torn between going to my nieces first birthday party and my husband's (34M, coach) state championship track meet - what would you do? I'm (33F) torn between going to my nieces first birthday party and my husband's (34M, coach) state championship track meet - what would you do? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 26, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.