Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (31F) MIL (56F) disrespected and humiliated me in my own house.

A quick summary: My name is Mary, I´m 31 and I´ve been in a relationship for over 11 years, married for 4 years. My husband (31M) and I moved to another country back in 2017, far away from where we were born and lived our whole lives.

Just so you can have an idea, his family never really liked me and I did everything in my power to build a nice relationship with them, but it was never enough. They are the overbearing type, specially my MIL, who thinks she owns her 3 sons.

Fast forward to 2021. Me and my husband started new and demanding jobs, so (as a stupid idea) we invited her to come for a couple of months to help us while we were adjusting to our new routine. She doesn´t work, so she could come anytime. And that´s what she did, she came.

The thing is, ever since she came here, she tries to rule the house and do everything her own way. She doesn´t respect our rules, she has no boundaries, if I tell her to not clean the bathroom because it´s my husband´s responsability, she goes and cleans the bathroom. She creates little situations so my husband and I start an argument, and then she goes: I was just trying to help.

If things weren´t worse enough, my BIL´s and their wives are coming for Christmas to spend a month in my small apartment and I´ll have a full house. 8 people in total. 2 of them are already here.

Yesterday I said something to my husband (not to her), that didn´t sit right with her and she told my husband she was gonna leave because I´m too difficult. Of course she didn´t leave, she has nowhere to go, so she made the whole situation about herself and I wasn´t even taking about her or to her, but I had to be the bad guy, as usual. I left to work, when I got home I sat down to talk to her and she started yelling at me saying things such as: you are crazy, I can´t take you anymore, you should take all the pills you can to control yourself (I suffer from severe anxiety and she was being hostile about it), she was like coming for me in my own house! I felt so disrespected and humiliated.

My husband told her to stop with the bullsh*t, but then she started pretending to have a heart attack, classic her.

Just to add something: The other day I went to the ER because I was so overwhelmed that I had the worst panic attack of my life. I´m on meds and trying not to jump from the balcony.

My husband is the passive type and tries to please everyone. I don´t know what to think, since I feel all alone in a different country, far from my family, and it´s his whole family against me. I´m feeling left out in my own home, where it should be my safe space.

TL;DR: Should I put up with my MIL or just confront her and make things worse?

Edit: Grammar mistakes.



Submitted December 17, 2021 at 12:38AM by YTI34353 https://ift.tt/3p4cMQL
My (31F) MIL (56F) disrespected and humiliated me in my own house. My (31F) MIL (56F) disrespected and humiliated me in my own house. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 17, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.