Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [22F] wasn’t invited to my friend groups Christmas party this year, but they think it’s valid

I’m in my last year of college. I’ve had this friend group for over three years now, we used to be much closer but lately we mostly all come together for birthdays or holidays.

It’s a group of five guys and six girls, myself included. Us girls originally wanted to live together this year, but three of them decided to just live together. I’m the only one without a boyfriend and they always want to do like group dates so I haven’t gotten an invite to things lately I guess.

This semester I was very reserved emotionally. My grandfather is going to pass away soon and my parents marriage is in shambles. I got out of an abusive relationship and didn’t want to share with my friends because I didn’t want to burden them and bring baggage to hangouts. I have nothing good to talk about. So every now and again if they go out to a bar, I wouldn’t bother going. But if it was a birthday party I’d definitely go because that’s special.

Since this is the last weekend for parties and going out, I decided to force myself to have some fun. My female friend, let’s call her A, was supposed to come out with me and the guys but then stopped answering. I texted my friends E and S and asked if they were going to come out, and they said they’re just gonna go to bed early. I then noticed that E and S were posting pictures of people all dressed up. Finally, I saw my friend K post a pic of all the girls posing together. I confronted E but she was still trying to pass it off as normal, until I just blatantly asked why would you lie and not invite me?

She doubled down and insisted that since I didn’t make enough of an effort to reach out to them, they assumed I wouldn’t want to come. Maybe she has a point, but I don’t have roommates and I don’t host events, they’re the ones who host things and have never invited me all semester. I said if you weren’t sure if I would be interested in coming, why didn’t you just ask? She didn’t answer. S said that they didn’t to keep the number of people low. I’m one person.

Christmas was such a special time for all of us and even though we all have separate lives, I really would’ve thought that the holiday season would be the time we’d come together and reunite. But it’s pointless clearly. I was hurt earlier but now I officially don’t care.

Is there anything I’m missing? Do I not deserve an invite because I’ve been distant?

Tl;dr my female friend group of three years lied about their Christmas party and didn’t invite me



Submitted December 04, 2021 at 11:11PM by jahabahawaka https://ift.tt/3DlkvxH
I [22F] wasn’t invited to my friend groups Christmas party this year, but they think it’s valid I [22F] wasn’t invited to my friend groups Christmas party this year, but they think it’s valid Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 05, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.