Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do i(22f) politely decline marriage proposal of a close friend who would not take no for an answer?

My very conservative aunt tried to make me get married to her son. She has been passive, then passive aggressive, then all out aggressive for 6-7 years to make me give into it (since i was a 14).

I went no contact with her 6 months ago when she got way too aggressive.

Now her son contacted me and proposed me directly, i said no. It seemed like he didn't take no for an answer. Asked me to meet him so we can talk things out. Its scheduled for a week from now. The issue is that we both have been good friends from childhood, and i respect him immensely. But i would not ever get married to him for a number of reasons. (I would qlso get several family issues, bcs lol, he is a family member)

Idk how to take the conversation and politely say no to his proposal, making him accept my no. Any advice would help, i'd like know what you all would do if you were faced with the situation.

NOTE: Before any of you get grossed out about cousin marriage thingy, you should know its common in muslims/muslim communities. Especially in the country that i live in.

Tl;dr i am being pressurised into accepting a proposal, what should i do.



Submitted December 14, 2021 at 12:41PM by calm-tf-down https://ift.tt/3dW37Wi
How do i(22f) politely decline marriage proposal of a close friend who would not take no for an answer? How do i(22f) politely decline marriage proposal of a close friend who would not take no for an answer? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 15, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.