Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My partner [24M] doesn't see a future with me [20F]

Hi everyone. I need some advice on how to proceed.

So we have been together for around 10 months now, and lived together for most of the pandemic. We had an accelerated relationship because of that. We’ve seen the gross sides of each other and had our fights. I struggle with mental illnesses, and he has been very understanding during my episodes. We have so much love and care for each other. The problem comes in: he works in the US while we are both in Canada. He’ll have to go back soon because his boss wants him there. It’s a flight away, not too bad for weekend trips.

He came to me today out of the blue and asked for a conversation, what I thought would be sweet. It turned into an attempted breakup. We talked extensively initially about his concerns about being in an LDR. I had previous anxiety attacks about it, and he told me that he was worried for my mental health for when he’s actually gone. I told him that there are ways we can work through that...which led him to say that he’s not sure if that’s enough. And that he’s not sure if he sees a future with me. It was weird because for the entirety of our relationship, we had talked about the long term and even the idea of marriage. We both established that we both still love each other and want it to work, but he doesn’t want to try it and break up anyways after so much effort, which he thinks would hurt me more in the end.

I asked him to give LDR a try...he agreed. I wanted more time to think about this decision for both of us and see if there are other parts of our relationship that could be helped. We’ll try for the next couple of months (hopefully). I’m not sure where to go from here. He’s had one other girlfriend than me, where they broke up after he left for his job as well. It seemed to me that the distance is something that scares him, yet we’ve also talked about visiting frequently/me moving there for a bit with him.

It just seemed so sudden and unexpected after talking about how we’d get through it. Any advice is welcomed during this time.

TL;DR Boyfriend says he doesn't see the future with me due to multiple reasons, one of the big ones that he needs to move across the continent in a few months and wants to go to school across the world in a few years. We're trying to make things work right now, what do I do?



Submitted February 09, 2021 at 01:28AM by chaoticnootrool https://ift.tt/3q645DJ
My partner [24M] doesn't see a future with me [20F] My partner [24M] doesn't see a future with me [20F] Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 09, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.