Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

[Update] I[29F] changed my mind about having children and lost all my friends.

Original link is here.

Well my last post was controversial to say the least, but I have a positive update!

I spoke to my friends and it went so well, I wish I'd done it sooner.

My CF friends were happy that I reached out. The gist of it was that they weren't sure how to act around me and baby, so they gave me space thinking that's what I needed, and thought that I'd been getting plenty of support from my other friends. I spilled my guts, told them I missed them and wanted to spend time with them again. Restrictions are easing, so we're going to gorge ourselves on sushi and drink a lot of wine this weekend like we used to. Basically shoot the shit, play some games and have a good time. We're going to try and make it a monthly thing :)

My other friends felt awful when I reached out and said I wished we could spend time together without baby. They were so caught up in the excitment of me having a kid and thought that was what I wanted them to do. So now that it's been acknowledged we've made plans to get some adult time in, unsure of what we'll be doing yet but the idea of a pizza night has been in the back of my mind. And also we'll be setting time aside so they can come over for some time with baby (restrictions permitting).

To those who told me I need a hobby, sports clubs will be opening back up soon and I'll be stuck into rugby and volleyball again so that's a big plus!

I can honestly say that I am so dang happy with how this situation turned out. Thank you to all the helpful comments on my last post, I appreciate them.

TLDR: I just needed to communicate to my friends a bit better.



Submitted November 23, 2020 at 11:36PM by Sadlady666 https://ift.tt/3pVZFiW
[Update] I[29F] changed my mind about having children and lost all my friends. [Update] I[29F] changed my mind about having children and lost all my friends. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 24, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.