Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Partner(29M) is struggling through COVID loneliness and I (30F) don't know what to do

So as a background, my partner and I have lived together since last year. My partner is a high risk individual and because of this, we have NO leeway as far as going in public. We don't dare go to restaurants, meet friends (without proper distancing), and honestly, he does not leave the house at all. Since lockdown he has maybe gone to two places but that is it.

We are both service industry, and I should have seen it coming that the minute we refused to go back to work due to safety, we would lose our jobs and by proxy the friendship circles you accrue from working in those environments. Because I am not at high risk, I have found a job that lets me work alone, so at least I get out of the house, but he is still jobless and stuck at home. As of now, at least what he tells me, either people don't talk to him anymore or they make fast plans and then flake on him--which in normal times would be whatever but because he is so lonely, its a devastating blow to him now. His closest friend and him are currently fighting too--leading to even more depression. He knows he has me, but I think its not the same when the only person you have is your SO.

I don't really know what to do. I started drafting a text to his friend saying, "He really needs you right now," but then felt like that was a huge overstep on my part. Covid is already so tough, I wish he didn't have to feel like he lost everyone because of it.

TLDR; BF is very lonely and depressed due to covid and I don't know how to help



Submitted November 01, 2020 at 04:48PM by fhjkgs45 https://ift.tt/3oRsb52
Partner(29M) is struggling through COVID loneliness and I (30F) don't know what to do Partner(29M) is struggling through COVID loneliness and I (30F) don't know what to do Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 02, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.