Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (27F) have been abandoned by my friends (25-26F), and in turn, I have abandoned them.

I had a group of really good friends back in high school. We were a solid group of friends and always hung out at lunch time in the cafeteria and after school. Somehow, from then to 2020, everything changed.

My guy friends (25-27M) stopped hanging out with us due to their busy schedules (which is fine, I'm not blaming them in any way), but the girls (25-26F) and I still continued to hang out for a few more years.

In the past couple of years, I have hit this block with them where, they'll start hanging out without me. I shrugged this off initially because I had work and school so I was constantly busy and had little time to see anyone, including my own boyfriend. Whenever I did hang out with them, they would talk about things that I had no idea what they were talking about. I would just be completely left out of the conversation and be by myself.

One memory that is vividly clear to me (and will always stick with me) is when I went to a restaurant near my old university to meet up with them. They came 30-45 mins later than the actual time we agreed to meet (it was an annoying habit of theirs that they never wanted to kick). Throughout the dinner, I was sitting with them, but they never involved me in their conversation. I would just be there. Not talking, and just completely silent.

I once created a group chat on Facebook (they for some reason did not want to get WhatsApp or Telegram for no stupid reason, and I hate Messenger), and they kept making plans within that group chat without even including me in them, even though I was in that group chat, actively trying to talk to them. After weeks of contemplating, I deleted the group chat without really warning them.

Now, with the pandemic going on, I have not received any messages from them at all. They tried inviting me to an escape room when the economy started to open back up, but I declined after reminding them that I am someone who is in the higher risk category of catching COVID, and they know about this health condition, but I guess they forgot for whatever reason.

In this year alone, I've come to realize what kind of friends they really have been to me. The lack of communication on their part (I've tried to send a text to them a few times with little to no response) isn't completely surprising to me, but it does disappoint me to see that they would, without a doubt, throw away 9 years of friendship with me. I've unfollowed them on IG and removed them from my following list.

Am I in the wrong for abandoning them and breaking off my friendships with them even though they basically did the same thing to me initially?

TLDR; 9 years of friendship with a group of 5 girls. Haven't really had an actual conversation with each of them in the past 3 years, despite hangouts. Never felt more alone.



Submitted November 01, 2020 at 02:08PM by throwaway454641 https://ift.tt/3oKwdMl
I (27F) have been abandoned by my friends (25-26F), and in turn, I have abandoned them. I (27F) have been abandoned by my friends (25-26F), and in turn, I have abandoned them. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 01, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.