Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

i just realized my childhood punishment was recently outlawed by the navy for being cruel.

i’ve recently been processing the ways my parents treated me as a kid and trying to understand if it was abusive.

one of the things i’ve been ruminating on are these memories i have of being locked in my room for days on end with only 1-2 meals a day of bread and water. i think this happened several times when i was like 4-8, but it seemed so strange i sort of gaslit myself into thinking i’d made it up.

out of curiosity, i googled it today and found out it’s a navy punishment that was discontinued in 2018 for being to archaic and inhumane. my dad was a navy brat, and followed his stepdad from base to base his entire childhood.

i feel sick knowing this. to me it all but confirms my memories (and also that this probably happened my dad) and also makes it so much worse. my dad used a punishment on a little kid that was outlawed from the fucking NAVY.

reddit, i need some perspective, am i blowing this out of proportion?

tl;dr: when i was a kid my dad used to punish me with bread and water, a recently outlawed navy punishment. that’s bad, right?



Submitted July 31, 2020 at 10:05PM by cyborgthanagoddess https://ift.tt/3giGJWp
i just realized my childhood punishment was recently outlawed by the navy for being cruel. i just realized my childhood punishment was recently outlawed by the navy for being cruel. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 01, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.