Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (32M) can feel my girlfriend (29F) of a year losing interest. What can I do?

Tl;dr: My girlfriend and I are both busy but she makes no effort to spend time with me on the occasions she can, I’m feeling like chore.

My girlfriend and I have been dating for a year. It started off great, as relationships tend to do. For the past few months though, our jobs have gotten very busy leaving us without the time and energy to do much together. On top of that, things we used to do together like restaurants, parks, movies, concerts, are closed due to corona or in disrepair after protests and looting in our city.

I miss her terribly and I can’t wait to go back to spending more time together. On the other hand, it seems for her that the more time we spend apart, the more time she wants to spend apart. She has always been independent and lived a very full life on her own, but it seems we’ve started a slippery slope of neglecting our relationship.

When we do get a day that neither of us are busy, she’d rather stay home alone to “relax and decompress.” I asked if we can just do our relaxing together, and she said “I don’t want to do anything tonight, and hanging out with you is doing something.” That hurt, like hanging out with me is something on her to do list. It just sucks that she is brushing me off on the rare day we could be spending together to stay home and read, do yoga, FaceTime her friends when I would blow off almost anything for some time with her. It also worries me that our relationship can’t progress to moving in together if being around me is such a chore.

When I’ve brought it up, she’s accused me of monopolizing her time or sarcastically asks me if I’d like her to quit her job and hobbies to stay home and watch movies. I don’t want to beg someone to spend time with me that clearly doesn’t want to but I really love her and I want to try to fix this.



Submitted August 30, 2020 at 09:52AM by throwthrowthr0w19 https://ift.tt/2ERIkF6
I (32M) can feel my girlfriend (29F) of a year losing interest. What can I do? I (32M) can feel my girlfriend (29F) of a year losing interest. What can I do? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 30, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.