Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I’m [23m] dating a Single Mother [23f] and it’s getting pretty serious. Everyone tells me to stay away?!

I dated “Jennifer” sophomore year of high school for a couple months but she moved away. Even as a high schooler I felt she was special and thought about her constantly.

Years later when I was 18 and a freshman in college she tracked me down to catch up. When I met up with her for a date I was surprised to see she had a toddler with her. It was her son, she had gotten pregnant when she was 17 to a man 5 years older.

I was thrown back at first but accepted it for what it was. She said that her babydaddy was in rehab for crack and they had broken up due to his physical and emotional abuse. She let me know she was done with him. We dated for a bit but out of NOWHERE she ghosted me...

1.5 years later when I was 19 and in the Army she tracks me down again! And it’s the same story... She has another newborn from the same man and they broke up because he’s in jail now and he didn’t stop the abuse and she’s done with him for good this time. I once again accept it and we date for a few weeks. Then she Ghosted me AGAIN...

2 years after that when I was 21 something similar happens. Her baby daddy is in jail/rehab, and she had another newborn. But this time she tells me they’re married and live out of state. She just was contacting me to tell me how she wished things had turned out differently, she thinks about me a lot and how I deserved the best. Than Ghosts me AGAIN! I tell myself never again to waste my time with her again.

Now I’m almost 24 in a couple months. I’ve dated plenty of great girls in the past. Im working on my MBA, have a stable career that I really enjoy with great pay, using VA benefits to purchase my first home in a couple of years (hopefully) and am doing awesome. A few months ago she contacted me randomly once again. I was extremely hesitant to even respond. Though I let her know I was just being polite and had no desire to meet up. This lead to a civilized argument.

She tells me how they are getting a divorce and she’s done with her babydaddy for sure this time. The kids are scared of him and she has a restraining order on him.

She tells me How I had no idea what she was going through and she ghosted me to protect me. I told her I couldn’t possibly understand what she went through but she could’ve at least gave me an explanation before ghosting me 3 times unexpectedly.

After weeks of her begging me for another chance I finally gave in and met up with her; I felt like an idiot for doing so and was positive she would ghost me once again...

We’ve now been dating for a couple months and things are going great. I really enjoy spending time with her kids and I can really tell she’s trying extremely hard to make me trust her again. And I am enjoying it.

Everyone tells me I’m making a mistake by getting into a serious relationship with Jennifer.. ESPECIALLY my mother; she thinks Jennifer is no good and is only interested in making her life easier. My friends think I should move on and find a cute girl without a started family

Truthfully I’m still scared to get ghosted; that her babydaddy might come back, talk nice to her and the kids all pretty and take her away from me again. I find it hard to trust her.

I Have voiced my worries to her and she promised me that she would never go back to him or go back to her old life.

What do you guys think? Am I too worried about being hurt and sometimes I fear my friends might be right. Should I give this relationship a shot?



Submitted August 29, 2020 at 06:38PM by DaKungFuPanda https://ift.tt/32C2gnA
I’m [23m] dating a Single Mother [23f] and it’s getting pretty serious. Everyone tells me to stay away?! I’m [23m] dating a Single Mother [23f] and it’s getting pretty serious. Everyone tells me to stay away?! Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 30, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.