Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [27/F] husband [30/M] and I live in separate countries. He said he was relocating to mine and wanted us to “try and have a real relationship”. Should I give him a chance?

My husband and I (married for 4 years) don’t have a conventional marriage. Before getting married, we were ‘FWBs’ whenever he was in my city for work (he had a lot of other ‘FWBs’ in other countries/cities and was very open and honest about it). We had an accident and I ended up pregnant. In his country, it is very hard for an illegitimate child to inherit. He suggested we get married for show so our son wouldn’t have any problems. The plan was to stay married as long as his grandfather lived (he was very elderly, and my husband was worried a divorce would negatively affect his health). He sadly passed last year, and I moved back to my home country with our son earlier this year.

During the time we were ‘married’ he stopped seeing his other ‘FWBs’ as he was worried, he would have another accident, or his family would hear he was messing around on his ‘wife’. So we were basically married but without the being in love part.

I recently reached out to my husband to ask about when we would pursue a divorce. To cut a long story short he asked me if I was willing to try to have a real relationship. He said their company was opening an office in my city and he was going to relocate here regardless so he could be closer to our son. I said I needed time to think about it.

I know a divorce will be hard on my son and our ‘fake marriage’ was actually pretty good. I’ve spoken to some friends and they’ve offered me mixed advice. Some think I should cut my losses now whilst my son is still young, so it’ll be easier for him to adjust but others have said “you’ll never know if you don’t try”.

Should I give him a chance?

TL;DR – my husband and I got married so our son would be legitimate due to inheritance laws in his country. When asking about a potential divorce my husband asked if we could try to make our “fake” marriage a real one. I’m not sure what to do.



Submitted August 30, 2020 at 10:52AM by ThrowRAfakemarriage https://ift.tt/31FtSJ2
My [27/F] husband [30/M] and I live in separate countries. He said he was relocating to mine and wanted us to “try and have a real relationship”. Should I give him a chance? My [27/F] husband [30/M] and I live in separate countries. He said he was relocating to mine and wanted us to “try and have a real relationship”. Should I give him a chance? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 30, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.