Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My sister (22F) walked in on me (25F) and our family friend (26M) hooking up. Now both of our families are congratulating us on our relationship, we’re not dating.

My parents are best friends with another couple, so our families have pretty much grown up with one another. So I’ve known Daniel (26M) my whole life. There has always been this running joke between our families that me and him will one day get married and we’ll all be a ‘real’ family. When I was 16 our parents actually tried to make us go on a date, it was very awkward and from that day we had our own joke that we couldn’t ever date each other even if we were the last two people on earth.

Last year, my relationship with my then boyfriend ended, and Daniel was also single. We ended up becoming friends with benefits with the agreement that we wouldn’t let anyone in our families figure it out. We’ve been doing this for about a year now and things have been good until now. Yesterday we were hooking up at my apartment and my sister caught us in the act. She had the biggest grin on her face and when we tried to explain it wasn’t what she was thinking she just kept nodding and saying, “uh huh”. Not even 20 minutes after she left my mom starts texting me congratulations and telling me she couldn’t believe we were finally dating and asking how long Daniel had been my boyfriend. The problem is we aren’t dating and have no intention of starting anytime soon.

The rest of our families have since been making jokes in our joint group chat and my dad even called Daniel to have a chat about his ‘intentions’. He just played along.

This whole thing is super embarrassing, but it would be worse if we admit we’re just fck buddies.

Reddit, give me a good excuse for what my sister saw! And since I’ve made this post how can we make both of our families understand we are never going to date and they should drop the fantasy?

TL;DR – My sister caught me and our family friend hooking up. She’s since told everyone we’re dating. We aren’t.



Submitted August 30, 2020 at 05:47PM by ThrowRAfwbcaught https://ift.tt/3bbBDtm
My sister (22F) walked in on me (25F) and our family friend (26M) hooking up. Now both of our families are congratulating us on our relationship, we’re not dating. My sister (22F) walked in on me (25F) and our family friend (26M) hooking up. Now both of our families are congratulating us on our relationship, we’re not dating. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 30, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.