Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Am I (30f) wrong to be hurt that my husband (30m) wants to return the birthday gift I got for him?

My husband revealed to me earlier this year that he thinks I’m not the best at giving gifts. This year I was determined to get him something he could really use and would like. The birthday gift budget for us is $100 but I ended up going over to get him his own tablet. I chose a tablet because he doesn’t have a tablet or a laptop, just a really old phone. I thought it was a great idea because he has a mobile game he plays every day which would run better on the new tablet, and also because he is always asking to do his drafts for fantasy sports on my tablet.

I gave him the gift, and he told me that while he thinks it’s a great gift and understands the thought behind it, it’s not the “right” gift. He said he just doesn’t think it’s something he’d use that much and is going to return it. I asked him what he would have liked instead or is planning to get with the refund money and he said he doesn’t know, he’s sure he will find something. He keeps telling me it was a good gift, but I feel like if it actually was a good gift he wouldn’t get rid of it.

I did ask him beforehand what he wanted for his bday or at least for some hints, and he told me that defeats the purpose of a gift: if I know him I should be able to put thought into something he’d like. That’s what I thought I did. I also asked if he wanted gift cards and he said that would be too impersonal.

Ultimately I just want him to get something he likes, but I feel pretty upset that I really tried my hardest and seem to have failed. I feel like if I let him know that though, he will keep the tablet just to make me happy and not get something he wants. It is HIS birthday gift after all. At the same time, part of me is mad at him for rejecting my gift since it really is something he could use (instead of using mine) and he doesn’t even know what he actually wants instead. Am I justified in my feelings being hurt here or do I need to get over myself? Am I a jerk if I tell him that if he returns my gift I am only getting him gift cards in the future?

TL;DR: Tried my hardest to get a thoughtful and useful birthday gift for my husband and he wants to return it, should I tell him my feelings are hurt or pretend like it’s ok since it’s his birthday and he should have what he wants?



Submitted August 28, 2020 at 03:04PM by badgiftgiverr https://ift.tt/31DjEch
Am I (30f) wrong to be hurt that my husband (30m) wants to return the birthday gift I got for him? Am I (30f) wrong to be hurt that my husband (30m) wants to return the birthday gift I got for him? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 29, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.