Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My ex-bf [M25] and I [F24] recently broke up and his mum keeps incessantly bothering me on social media

Context: my boyfriend hasn't got a good relationship with his parents. Over our relationship (6+ years) they have gradually taken to contacting me as a way to stay in his life. Whenever they want to know how he is, or have to tell him or organise something they message me, not him. This is inconvenient and irritating but for really important family stuff they exchange emails.

He went back to his hometown to attend a funeral and his mum [F55] sprang him a visit AT THE FUNERAL without giving him notice, making a huge scene about how much she wanted to see him again. He was so angry about having his boundaries crossed so intensely (while grieving the sudden death of his friend), I don't think they left on good terms.

Anyway, his mum has more recently been commenting on all my Instagram photos (of sunsets, plants, food etc) and replies to almost every story. I think she's trying to compensate for her lack of connection to her son through me, and it's so irritating.

Now that we've broken up after a long few heart wrenching weeks of discussion and ultimately decision to break ties, this type of interaction is even more awkward since she still thinks were together. I've asked him repeatedly if/when he plans on telling his parents, since they still think we're living together/I'm looking after him. I messaged him to ask if he had a plan to tell his parents; he's going to email them, but no date provided.

Just posting in the hope I'm not alone in dealing with clingy parent types, in particular parents of SO? Apparently he would deal with a lot of messages from her until he eventually blocked her on SM, that's why they only email now. I read a viral tweet saying something about parents overcompensating by being clingy to their children in adulthood for lack of connection previously.

Tldr: my ex's mum keeps interacting with me on Instagram which was annoying before we broke up and awkward as hell now. Do I wait until my ex tells her or set some boundaries now since it's just not okay with me in general?



Submitted May 09, 2020 at 05:25PM by marla683 https://ift.tt/2WHDDmn
My ex-bf [M25] and I [F24] recently broke up and his mum keeps incessantly bothering me on social media My ex-bf [M25] and I [F24] recently broke up and his mum keeps incessantly bothering me on social media Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 10, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.