Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Ending a friendship of 4 years over her bf pointing a "clear' gun at me?

Posting here because removed from AITA.

I am 21f Zach is 23m (24 in august) Ashley is 19f (birthday was February).

Where I live gun ranges are still open (masks required and only using every other lane as well as limiting the number of people) and me and my best friend Ashley have been planning to go because she’s never shot before. She’s been dating Zach for 7 months and they live together. I’ve always tried to get along with him but he’s never put in any effort. When she asked if he could come I didn’t want to be rude and I thought it might be a way for us to get to know each other better. I brought my 2 pistols and he brought his 1. While we were waiting in the parking lot I asked him if he showed Ashley the basics he said no, unholstered his gun and pointed it directly at my chest. I said “Zach what the fuck” and I pointed it down. He got mad at me saying its clear, first of all how would I know that and second of all you still never point a gun at anyone ever and you always assume every gun is loaded.

It was very scary for me and made the rest of the time tense especially because he never apologized (he’s done something similar to this in the past and didn’t apologize) and I wanted to leave but didn’t want to ruin the day for my friend. Ashley has dated an abusive guy in the past and she always made excuses for him and defended him even though he put her life and other peoples in danger multiple times. (This is relevant later). It’s been 2 days and she could tell something was off and we started talking about what happened and she kept making excuses and defending him.

She said in a text, “you keep your gun in your pants sometimes which is dangerous whether you keep it loaded or not just like what Zach did’’ then she says in a later text, ‘’but you keep acting like the gun was loaded when it wasn’t’’ my guns are always holstered and I have a conceal and carry permit. Zach doesn’t. The holsters I use clip on to a belt on your pants and the gun is held in by tension and snaps into place and the trigger as well as the bottom of the slide are fully covered by the holsters. And I acted like the gun was loaded because YOU ALWAYS TREAT EVERY GUN AS IF ITS LOADED and you check its clear for yourself aimed away from any people or animals.

Me and Ashley have been friends for 4 years but she dates problematic men. I don’t think I can get past this especially because she kept making excuses for, defending and minimizing this absolute negligence. is it unreasonable to end my friendship with Ashley over this?

TL;DR my friends bf pointed a supposedly clear gun at me and I'm thinking of ending the friendship and don't know if thats an overreaction.



Submitted May 27, 2020 at 03:57PM by anotherthrowaway3287 https://ift.tt/3gEebYe
Ending a friendship of 4 years over her bf pointing a "clear' gun at me? Ending a friendship of 4 years over her bf pointing a "clear' gun at me? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 27, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.