Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I'm (23/f) thinking of leaving my boyfriend (32/m) so he can be with his friend (30/f)

I met my boyfriend about 2 years ago and we've been on and off since then. For the last 6 months things have been amazing and it seems as if we've worked through the things that weren't right before. Apart from this little thing.

18 months ago (while we were on) a girl came into his life through mutual friends. I felt insecure about her from the start and my boyfriend was fully aware of this. I knew that my insecurities were irrational but they were still there. She's petite, pretty, friends with everyone. My boyfriend would always talk about her and how she did this cute thing and whatever. They spent a lot of time together as friends.

She started liking all the same things that he likes and at this point, I feel like she has actually built her life around his interests (sorry for vagueness). They spend more time together than I do with my boyfriend because she doesn't work and lives 5 minutes away. I work 12 hour shifts and an hours drive away. I always notice her things at his place and she even has a drawer of things too. Her background picture on her phone is his cat? They also have nicknames for eachother and she just had a bracelet made with her nickname engraved on it.

Since the lockdown I'd been feeling unusually unhappy with my body and thus started comparing myself to this girl again because she is tiny and I'm not. I told my boyfriend about it and we agreed it wasn't about her but me projecting my issues into her. He told me he liked my body the way it is, would PREFER my body type over her body type anyway and that they are just friends.

I've been settled since then and felt reassured by his words. Until recently we both saw him for his birthday. I got a bit drunk with her and said she should probably stay the night and drive home in the morning. I gave her a pair of my boyfriend's pyjama bottoms and went to get ready for bed. When I came back he was laying in bed and she was cuddled up to him on his chest. He told me to go the other side and I did... then he spooned me and told her she could spoon him. She left after a few hours, I don't know if she felt uncomfortable too. The next day she sends me a picture of her in my boyfriend's pyjama bottoms.

I feel like the third wheel in my relationship. He's told me many times that he will not stop being close with her not that I'd ever ask him to actually do that. I'm scared to suggest that maybe they should give it a try in case he is genuinely serious about them just being friends. I'm scared to even bring it up at all. I'm not a very social person and maybe my view on friendships is distorted?

TLDR: I think my boyfriend and his friend should be together because they're closer than I am with my boyfriend.



Submitted May 28, 2020 at 11:25AM by anon280520 https://ift.tt/3gAMwHm
I'm (23/f) thinking of leaving my boyfriend (32/m) so he can be with his friend (30/f) I'm (23/f) thinking of leaving my boyfriend (32/m) so he can be with his friend (30/f) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 28, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.